First Holy Communion
During Lent, fourth grade students prepare for First Holy Communion which is celebrated with their families on Easter Sunday. A few of the activities during Holy Week include:
- Family Orientation held for communicants and their parents
- Communicants and their families are encouraged to attend Wednesday evening Lenten services
- Bread Baking of the bread used at the Maundy Thursday service
- Blessing of the communicants on Maundy Thursday. Communicants will also assist in stripping the altar in preparation for the solemnity of Good Friday.
- Participation in the Good Friday Children’s Walk
- Easter Vigil service concludes the service that began on Maundy Thursday as we remember God’s work in the world and God’s promises to us.