First Holy Communion
During Lent, youth prepare to receive their First Holy Communion which is celebrated with their families on Easter Sunday. Decisions about the appropriate age of reception are decided between the parents, child, and the pastors. A few of the activities include:
- Interactive learning sessions of the children, their parents, lay teachers, and the pastors.
- Communicants and their families are encouraged to attend Wednesday evening Lenten services
- Communicants will assist in stripping the altar in preparation for the solemnity of Good Friday.
- Participation in the Good Friday Children’s Walk
- Easter Vigil service concludes the service that began on Maundy Thursday as we remember God’s work in the world and God’s promises to us.
- During the Easter Sunday festival worship, the First Communion class sit in the front of the church and receive their communion first on this great feast day of the Church.